Sunday, August 10, 2008
I´m Here!!!!
Well I´m finally here in Corumbá!! It was a fun time getting here (and I mean that with a LOT of sarcasm!!). At Bradley International Airport, there was a thunderstorm that delayed the plane from landing for an hour or so. I spent the time waiting in the airport talking to these really nice people from the south (I don´t know exactly where) and a lady from Chicago. The plane landed eventually and we all got on and flew to Washington D.C. There, I met up with about thirty other exchange students and one Rotarian who was to help us get to Brazil. Finally the time came to get on the giant plane to fly to Sao Paulo. The Rotarian was waiting for another student whose plane was delayed. At the last call for boarding, the Rotarian ran to the plane but dropped his passport on the way. Just before the plane left the other student showed up. There´s not much to say about the plane ride except that it lasted for 10 hours!! At Sao Paulo, we all got off the plane and went through customs and immigration, that is, everyone except for the Rotarian who I heard was sent back to the US. After immigration, my host mother Miriam´s brother, Marcelo, helped me change airports so I could fly to Campo Grande. After I got on the plane to Campo Grande, I was tired so I slept. The plane had a stop in another city. The fun thing is that I was sleeping when we got to Campo Grande so I didn´t get off the plane. The TAM (that´s the airline I was using) people helped me fly back to Sao Paulo and take another plane to Campo Grande. Instead of arriving in Campo Grande at 5 something, I got in close to 11. My host father, Sergio, and I spent the night at the apartment that Philipe (host brother) uses for school. This morning Sergio, Luiza (his daughter), and I drove 4 hours to Corumbá. After a family lunch with their ENTIRE family, I am here writing this. Well, so long from Corumbá!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Bryan!!
Sam, Matt and I just read your blog. We were bummed that we couldn't make it to your Bon Voyage party but told your mom to send you off with our good wishes. Can't wait to see what you're up to next. How's the weather? (Old people always ask this question!) When does school start? We're looking for a new puppy because we miss Clementine so much, so will let you know when we have luck. You can give us some name suggestions as the boys don't like my idea ("Zinnia"). Be well, be safe, and have a great start to school!!
~Lori, Sam & Matt
It sounds like your whole trip started off like a great adventure! :)
Post a Comment